Buying a new home in Edmond is a dream for many people. It is viewed as a superior option to renting a space. A house you own represents stability, financially and socially. When in the market for a new home, one can be enticed by the homes available on the secondhand market. But buying a previously-owned home has its disadvantages. One of these is not being able to locate where you want. A used house may not be in the area you want, and may not be healthy (environmentally, socially, etc.) for you and your loved ones.
Another scenario is finding out down the road that many components of the house are substandard and repairs had to be done.
Here then are 10 reasons to buy a new home:
- The house is your own. In fact, if you are willing to wait a bit, you can customize a new home according to your wishes. A bigger garage, solar panels, a garden in front or back, a large entertainment area.
- A mortgage will save you taxes. The interest you pay on your mortgage can be deducted from your taxable income. New owners with new homes reap the greatest tax benefit. Factoring this benefit in, you may even find that owning a new home is cheaper than renting one.
- A house is a great investment. Real estate prices generally tend to rise over time, offsetting the expenses you put in early on.
- A new home has all-new components. For the first few years, house repair costs will be nil or none at all.
- When buying a new home, you have a choice of communities, schools, and architectural style. You get to choose where to put down roots.
- A new home will have better safety and green technologies in it. Building codes have changed over time to reflect these stricter standards. Examples of these include better-insulated doors and windows. You will be spending less money on your heating or cooling. Enhanced safety standards also mean that the materials used in building a new house are more fire resistant.
- New homes may also have appliances that are definitely more efficient. Operating energy-efficient refrigerators, stoves, furnaces, washing machines and air conditioners will be less drain on your wallet.
- If you love pets, no landlord can restrict you in keeping as many pets as you want.
- Speaking of landlords, you’ll be free of crazy landlords who can surprise you with unanticipated restrictions or worse, rental increases.
- Pride of ownership. This feeling can priceless, knowing that your family is secure and will have a place to stay for a long, long time.
Contact McGregror Homes to learn more about their new homes for sale.